5 Best Icon Editors Edit And Create Icons
Icons editors helps to edit an icon file which is an image file with .ico extension and contains images of different sizes and color depths. Icons editors also helps in creating new icons to replace your default system or program icons, favicons that are used on websites.
Icons editors are only useful if editor has functionality of replacing a program or system icons also called an system icon replacer, otherwise, it’s very hard to use icons that are created.
IcoFx lets you extract icons from just about anything (EXE, JPEG, or DLL) edit and re-save. It also auto generates all the sizes you need for every occasion screen depth or Windows version. On top of that the program comes with a full suite of tools and effects that you would usually expect in a Retail paint program only crammed into an icon editing tool.
Features of IcoFX
- Support for Vista icons with PNG compression
- Create icons for Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / Macintosh
- Support for alpha channel (transparency)
- Batch processing for handling multiple files
- Built in resource editor for creating icon libraries or changing icons inside exe files
- Zoom icons up to 10000% for increased precision
- Import image dialog, for creating icons from images
- Convert Macintosh icons to Windows icons and vice versa
- Open, save, edit and convert Macintosh OS X icons
- Extract Macintosh icons from resource files
- Snapshot window for creating overviews of the icons
- More than 40 built in effects
- Use custom filters to create your own customized effects
- Multiple language support
- Resolutions up to 256×256
- Capture image from the desktop
- Grid for precision work
- Side bar for easy image switching
- File Explorer window for easy file browsing and importing
- Full drag and drop support
- Sizable preview window
- Multiple undo
- Blur the edge of the brush
- Rotate the image at any angle
Sib Icon Editor is a user-friendly icon utility for Windows. It allows to create and edit icon images and manage icon files and libraries.
- Create and edit PNG-packed Windows Vista icons
- Create and edit icons in either standard or custom sizes, in color depths up to 16 million colors
- Create and edit icons for Windows XP in 32-bit color depth with 8-bit alpha channel
- Paint images with gradient and chess fill
- Modify images with drop shadow, opacity, smooth, negative, grayscale, colorize, hue/saturation, rotate, roll and mirror effects
- Replace image colors
- Create and manage icon libraries for better and more efficient storage
aaICO – This is a Free Icon Editor that you will find very useful. If you like our software, please add a link to our site. This is a great free tool. The editor supports multiple resolutions, importing, exporting, various effects and much more.
IconDeveloper is a program that makes it very easy to create your own Windows icons. Intead of trying to include a drawing package, IconDeveloper instead allows users to just import images made by other programs and turn them quickly and easily into icons.
IconDeveloper also makes it easy to change the colors of icons, do batch conversions, and add new sizes to existing icons using a variety of scaling techniques to ensure the highest possible quality.
IconDeveloper can also incorporate itself into the Windows shell allowing users to simply right click on a graphics image and turn it into a Windows icon (.ICO file). It can edit both .ICO files and .ICL files and supports any size icon you choose to create.
Greenfish Icon Editor
Greenfish Icon Editor (GFIE) is a powerful icon, cursor, animation and icon library editor. It provides you Layer support with advanced selection handling, which makes it a really professional and unique freeware tool for designing small pixelgraphic images.
GFIE offers high-quality filters like Bevel, drop shadow and Glow; supports editing animated cursors and managing icon libraries. It’s lightweight (< 1.8 MB unzipped) and also has a portable version – just unpack it to your USB drive and use it anywhere. A clean, customizable, multilanguage user interface makes it really easy to learn and use.
Hope this post was useful to you. Please let us know in comments.