Add Simple POP3 Mail Client at Firefox
Simple Mails is a mail client extension for Firefox browser. It is a nice firefox adds on that allows you accessing your POP email accounts directly in Firefox. If you are heavy usage on firefox browser, you might consider this which Simple Mail extension gives you this mail functionality in simple way.
With Simple Mail extension, you can configure one or more account on mail preferences setting. All you need is right click and open the preferences to add mail account setting on simple mail. Meanwhile, you can import mail setting from other services like thunderbird mail services.
Beside that, you can set mail account refresh time and get notified of new mail receive. When new mail arrives, Simple Mail shows new messages count in status bar. You can click Simple Mail icon to open received messages in a separate browser tab. Also Simple Mail has a toolbar button which allow you reply , forward or delete the email that you received.
Simple Mail – Firefox Mail client features:
- Possibility to mark messages with one of the predefined colors. (Also added column “Color” which may be used to sort messages by color.)
- Search mail list
- Preference “Download headers only” on “Advanced” tab in preferences. To download message body double click the message in list or choose “Download” from context menu.
- Attachments are supported
- Ability to delete individual messages from server. (Not just “delete/don’t delete all” mode like is done in many other POP3 clients.)
- Convenient address book: enter “j s” in the address field to find Jonh Smith’s email.
- Ability to assign icon color to an account so that messages of different accounts are shown in different colors
- Context menu “Send by Simple Mail”, allowing quickly send selected text or link from a html page
- Ability to assign a sound to be played on new message arrival.
I personally might use Simple Mail extension as pop mail notifier which the mail features that offers is far from serious usage.
Download Simple Mail – Firefox Mail Client