Dashwire is a free online service to move the content of your phone such as contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos, Internet favorites, speed dials, ringtone, and wallpaper to your Web-based Dashwire account. Dashwire is a free service for customers with supported phones and a data connection plan from their operator.
Dashwire’s free service automatically mirrors your mobile phone to the web, making it significantly easier to manage, enhance, and share the memories captured on your phone with others no cables or instruction manual required.
Dashwire lets you do everything that your phone does for you such as typing messages, organize your contacts, videos or photos, send and receive SMS or MMS messages etc.
With Dashwire, you can:
- Send and receive text messages from your computer without picking up your phone
- Automatically upload photos and videos captured on the go to easily organize and share with your friends
- Add an address book contact on your computer and have it instantly appear on your phone
- Easily set Internet favorites, ringtones, wallpapers, and speed dials â€“ in seconds from your computer
- Discover the coolest stuff available for your phone
- Automatically upload photos and videos
- Find friends and people you want to follow
- Create a personalized web page to share your media
- Add comments and star ratings
To use Dashwire, you need:
- A Dashwire supported phone. Dashwire is initially available for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6-powered phones such as the T-Mobile Dash, Samsung BlackJack, AT&T 8925, Palm Treo 500v, and the Motorola Q series.
- A data plan from your operator to allow you to mirror your mobile phone content to the web.
Dashwire Mobile is a super small application that is installed on your mobile phone to allow you to use the Dashwire service. It sends updates from your phone (text messages, call history, photos, videos, etc.) to Dashwire servers, which are then mirrored on the Web when you log in to your personal Dashwire account. In order for Dashwire to work, you need to have Dashwire Mobile installed on your phone.
Dashwire is a great software tool for managing the content and phone setting of your cellphone from a personal computer. It also proves helpful when one wishes to transfer data to a new cellphone.
To see what Dashwire can do, take the Video Tour. You can sign up for a free account at http://www.dashwire.com/signup. For more information, read the Press Release.