DBaaS is getting more popular, because of the following problems:
- Over time, many companies have loaded up their servers with data they rarely use. This is what’s called Database Sprawl. The data storage costs can add up to millions.
- Many work groups, that need instant service, have started accessing the database by them. Bypassing IT. This has created risk, compliance, and security problems.
- Although virtualization has drastically cut some expenses, database expenses are still rising.
- More and more business now base their decisions on data analysis. This is creating a real strain on database management.
- More data demand increases the need for more software and hardware purchases. Increases costs.
For more on DBaaS trends, see Why DBaaS? 5 Trends Pushing Database as a Service, by Abhishek Kashyap.
DBaaS – Built for the Cloud database
The cloud poses unique challenges, especially for relational databases.
So, at Xeround, instead of adapting the existing models to meet these needs, we started from scratch and provide a true database-as-a-service (DBaaS) solution built specifically for the cloud.
What Do You Get on DBaaS ?
Since you’re getting a cloud-tailored solution, you don’t need to concern yourself with high-availability and scalability issues. They’re built in.
And, you don’t have to concern yourself with downtime, code changes, maintenance, scaling, or capacity planning. Not by accident. It’s how we planned it.
So, If You’ve Wanted to Leverage the Cloud, You Don’t Need to Wait Any Longer
With our cloud database focused solution, you get:
- Zero downtime
- High availability
- Automatic failover
- Continuous monitoring
- Auto scaling
- Automatic scheduled database backups
Save Time. And Money.
Our DBaas – Cloud Database solution is:
- Fast: With one mouse click, you create a
Xerounddatabase. It starts working, out-of-the box.
- Code Compatible: No need to make code changes. All you need to do is migrate your MySQL database. We take care of the rest.
- Vendor Compatible: We support any cloud service provider you choose. And, any cloud you’d like to move to in the future.
- Modularly priced: You only pay for what you need. Never more.
This post was written by: Xeround Cloud Database. With the rise of cloud computing, database scalability and availability issues are becoming critical to the growth and success of many applications. Xeround’s vision is to enable truly scalable and elastic cloud computing infrastructure by providing the missing piece: elastic data management within a cloud and data federation across clouds. Xeround’s cloud database delivers seamless scalability and availability for your database in the cloud, within a worry-free, turnkey, database-as-a-service. Visit Xeround Cloud Database
Updates: Xeround cloud DB as a Service has been shut down. Below are the alternative cloud provider offers Database as a Services (DBaaS):
Other Cloud database (DBaaS) provider:
Cloudant’s distributed database as a service (DBaaS) allows developers of fast-growing web and mobile apps to focus on building and improving their products, instead of worrying about scaling and managing databases on their own. Highly available, durable and feature-rich, our data store is built for scaling, optimized for concurrent reads & writes, and handles a wide variety of data types including JSON, full-text, and geospatial.
DynamoDB is a fast, fully managed NoSQL database service that makes it simple and cost-effective to store and retrieve any amount of data, and serve any level of request traffic. Its reliable throughput and single-digit millisecond latency make it a great fit for gaming, ad tech, mobile and many other applications.
Share with us if you know other DBaaS provider should include on the above list.