Visual Studio Tutorial and Learning Pack, a visual studio learning kit is released by Microsoft Developer Network to help student understand more about Visual studio 2008 express and more support for visual basic. Meanwhile, this visual studio tutorial and learning pack allows you to interactively step through concepts like sorting where you can visually represent the steps taken to algorithmically perform a sort.
Visual Studio Tutorial Learning pack consists of five components:
- Sort Designer Control is a supplementary teaching tool developed to help students learn the basic concepts, algorithms, and implementations of popular computer sorting algorithms. It supports bubble and insertion sorting. The control generates initial values automatically and demonstrates intermediate states in the sorting process. It also generates sorting source code for both Visual Basic and C#.
- Search Designer Control is a teaching tool developed to help students learn the basic concepts, algorithms, and implementations of popular data search algorithms. It supports binary and sequential searches. The control generates initial values automatically and demonstrates intermediate states in the searching process. It also generates source code for both Visual Basic and C#.
- Visual Declarative Designer is an intuitive variable declaration tool designed for novice programmers. During the coding process the student can declare variables of various types and generate the corresponding source code. Visual Variable Declarative Designer provides a visual approach to variable declaration. Teachers in the Information Technology (IT) field can use this designer to teach students the basic concepts of variable declaration and naming, variable types, access modifiers, and initial values.
- Assistant Class Designer is a visual class designer for novice programmers. This designer guides students through the processes of adding classes, properties, methods and events. The designer also generates the corresponding source code for new classes. By using this designer, teachers and students can easily create and configure complicated classes. Assistant Class Designer provides an intuitive and interactive method for designing classes and helps students to understand key object-oriented programming concepts such as classes, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism. The Assistant Class Designer generates source code for C# only.
- Visual Programming Flow Chart is a supplementary teaching tool designed to help students understand program control flow. It generates flow charts for functions and saves them in the JPG picture format. This tool is easily activated from the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) by simply right-clicking on a function name and choosing “Generate flow chart…” from the context menu. The resulting flowchart can be customized by changing its colors and other effects. This visual tool provides an intuitive way to explore source code, to examine its control flow, and to identify logic errors.
Using the Visual Sort Designer and Visual Search Designer Controls teachers can easily develop a sample program to demonstrate the fundamentals of sorting and searching. They can also customize the control’s appearance by simply dragging the control onto a form and setting its properties. These visual demonstrations help in teaching programming concepts and increase students’ interest in learning.
Before download Microsoft Visual studio tutorial pack, you need to have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Which Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 provides Express Editions for free as well as 90-Day Trial Editions. (Note: Download time may be long due to the large download size.):
- English Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/default.aspx
- English Visual Studio 2008 90-Day Trial Edition can be downloaded from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/bb655861.aspx