Download Windows Vista SP 1 with DirectX 10.1
As Windows Vista Services Pack 1 ( SP1 ) able to download via Windows Update or Microsoft Download Center. Now you can enjoyed DirectX 10.1 features on Windows Vista. The DirectX 10.1 is the latest DirectX technology that enables game creators to increase a game’s level of realism, enhancing details and complexity in gaming worlds, apply effects like dynamic lighting and weather, and much more.Beside Directx 10.1 updates on Vista, Windows Vista SP1 is also addresses specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware, and adds support for several emerging standards.
What is new in Windows Vista SP1?
Beside solving the performance issues on windows vista with Vista Service pack 1, Vista SP1 also adding new features that will added to enhances the window vista performance.
- Adds support for Direct3D 10.1
- Adds support for exFAT
- Adds support for creating DVD disc that boots on PC
- Addresses many of the most common causes of crashes and hangs in Windows Vista
- Improves reliability by preventing data-lose while ejecting NTFS-formatted removable-media.
- Improves wireless ad-hoc connection success rate.
- Addresses the problem of the Video chipset not allowing the system to stay asleep.
- Improves the speed of adding and extracting files to and from a compressed (zipped) folder.
- Improves speed of moving and copying folders and files.
- Improves the time to read large images by ~50%
- Improves the effectiveness of a Windows ReadyBoost device in reducing the time to resume from standby and hibernate.
- Improves overall media performance by reducing many glitches.
- Adds full support for the latest IEEE draft of 802.11n wireless networking.
- Enhances Windows Firewall and IPsec to use the new cryptographic algorithms that are Suite B compliant.
- Updated drivers are delivered primarily via Windows Update and directly from hardware vendors, not as part of a service pack.
- Allows users and administrators to control which volumes the disk defragmenter runs on.
- Enables support for hotpatching, a reboot-reduction servicing technology designed to maximize uptime.
- Improves overall install time for updates by optimizing the query for installed OS updates.
- With SP1, Windows Vista will report the amount of system memory installed rather than report the amount of system memory available to the OS.
- Upon scanning a photo with the Vista scanning experience, SP1 will open Explorer rather than opening Windows Photo Gallery.
- Users are now required to enter a password hint during the initial setup of Windows Vista SP1.
How to install Windows Vista SP1?
There is two option to install Windows Vista Service pack either using Windows update or manual installation.
Download and Install Vista SP 1 Via Windows Update
For first option, You can manually check Windows Update option on Windows Vista operating system for Windows Vista SP1. if you encounter that the windows update doesn’t have Vista SP 1 listed for download or install.
Here is the possible common reasons why Vista SP 1 not listed
- You have not yet installed all the prerequisite packages you need for Windows Vista SP1. Click check for update on Windows Update control panel to install them, before you can install Windows Vista SP1.
- You have a pre-released version of SP1. You need to uninstall it before installing the final release of SP1.
- You already have Windows Vista SP1.
- Windows Vista SP1 released in 5 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Japanese). If you have ANY other language installed, SP1 will not yet be offered to you.
- Windows Update detected drivers that may be problematic when updating to SP1 and will not offer the service pack until an update has been installed.
Download standalone Windows Vista SP1
This second option whereby you can download windows Vista SP 1Standalone without update via Windows update. The Vista SP 1 standalone version contain 434.5MB executable file named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe.
The Vista SP 1 standalone version is useful Whereby you can repeating install Windows Vista SP1 on several computers (save total download time on each computers).
Read more : full list of notable changes in Windows Vista Service Pack 1.