Enable Hyper-V On Windows 8 Tutorial
If you are keeping a tab on Windows 8 new features and improvements, then you must hear about the inclusion of virtualization client in Windows 8. The Windows 8 include Microsoft virtualization manager and hyper version for proficient users, so that they don’t have to switch to Windows 8 Server in order to use Hyper- v client.
If you are not familiar with Hyper- V, also known as Viridian, it’s a hypervisor (hardware / physical virtualization technique to run multiple guest Operating System, currently on host system) based virtualization system for x86-64 instructions set based system architecture and is already included in Windows Server 2008.
Windows 8 Hyper – V client supports one feature which is not there in Windows server 2008 R2 and that is sleep / hibernate option. The recently released developer build of Windows 8×64 version comes with Hyper – V disabled, but you can easily enable both Hyper- V core and Management tools from the control panel. Just follow the below given steps for doing the same:
- Firstly open the Windows 8 Metro UI control panel.
- Now from left side select more settings to open control panel category view.
- Now click on programs and features.
- In the programs and features click “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” option present in left sidebar. This will open Windows feature.
- Now enable Hyper-V checkbox, and expand it to view Hyper- V core and Hyper- V Management tools. Make sure that both checkboxes are checked.
- Now click OK.
- After doing this Window 8 will start applying changes to features and then prompts you to restart your computer system. So click on “Restart Now”.
- After rebooting the system you will see a Hyper-V Virtual Machine connection and Hyper- V manager shortcut tiles on Metro start screen.
Now you can easily import Virtual Machine from external storage medium and can create new virtual desktop on Windows 8 with Hyper -V