Microsoft has bundled their own Firewall product in versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, known as “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security”. However, Microsoft windows firewall had seriously limited capabilities and usefulness, making a separate firewall product more than desirable.
There is a firewall enhancement freeware called as “Tinywall” to boost Windows firewall security and performance. Tinywall is a Windows firewall enhancement freeware to harden and control the advanced firewall built into Windows Vista and Windows 7. It gives Windows’ firewall a secure configuration, prevents other programs from overriding it, and provides a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy to work with.
Once it configured, every Windows user can continue to browse freely, and using P2P programs. When any malware or harmful traffic attack detected, TinyWall be responsible for alerting in case of an unwanted program tries to connect. It does not display popups that “urge users to allow” but will not notify you of any blocked action on system tray.
This Firewall enchantment freeware has self-learning mode, which temporarily allows all traffic and automatically adds the exclusions or automatically suggest application that may be white listed. Besides that, Tinywall has an option to unblock all LAN traffic and lets you set a password protect on the firewall settings from getting tampered. Plus more, Tinywall does not install any additional drivers and so does not bring any additional overhead to the system.
Key Benefit of Tinywall:
- TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
- TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
- TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behavior when you’re at home, at work or in the public.
- TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
- TinyWall uses Windows’ own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
Tinywall is build on based on technology Microsoft. NET, which you need Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1 version or higher installed on your computer. But most of Windows operating system should be installed because of its great expansion in system applications.