Here is a tutorial how to create bootable ESET SysRescue CD / USB (“Bootable ESET antivirus”) with ESET SysRescue Live Creator.
What is ESET SysRescue Live or ESET bootable antivirus:
It is a bootable malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from a CD, DVD, or a USB. It has direct access to the disk and the file system, and therefore is capable of removing the most persistent threats.
With the live creator together, you can create a bootable rescue CD / DVD or USB Drive to boot an infected computer from your rescue media to scan for malware and clean infected files.
Besides that, ESET SysRescue Live Creator is equipped with wipe data tools, which it can delete the drive in seconds. Just connect the drive, start the program again and click “Erase existing SysRescue USB”: another useful feature which you won’t always find elsewhere.
Before create ESET SysRescue Live CD / USB drive, there are several things need to prepare first:
1. Download ESET SysRescue Live CD/USB creator and save it to your Desktop.
2. Download ESET SysRescue Live ISO Image (324MB)
3. Prepare bootable antivirus storage media either CD / DVD disc media or USB storage drive.
*** Please ensure USB storage drive is empty. Else this Live CD will erase any data saved to your USB flash drive. Back up any existing data before you begin.
Once download ESET SysRescue Live CD / USB creator and ESET SysRescue Live ISO image, you can start follow to create bootable ESET bootable antivirus.
How to Create Bootable ESET SysRescue Live CD / USB:
- Double-click the ESET Live CD/USB Creator to run the bootable antivirus utility.
- Select the USB storge drive or CD/DVD that you want to create your ESET rescue disk on and click Create USB drive or Create CD/DVD. Plus tick on ” Use previously downloaded ISO file”
- Once ESET SysRescue Live media is ready, remove it from your computer.
- To start bootable live on an infected system, you can require to ensure set the infected computer boot order is boot from USB or CD / DVD media first. Then you’ll see following screen. Select Run ESET SysRescue.
Once you able to enter live CD main screen, try to update latest ESET virus signature database first before you performing on demand scanning if your computer is attached with internet access. It able to check your system with various scan types. The core antivirus engine gets mixed results with the independent labs.
ESET bootable antivirus also works on Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003 (x86 and x64), 2008 (x86 and x64), 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.