Agnitum Outpost Firewall – Free Firewall Software
Agnitum Outpost Free Firewall – a free personal firewall encompasses Agnitum’s fundamental protective mechanisms and provides key components to build a comprehensive security system. It provides advanced network firewall and HIPS/application activity monitoring protect your windows operating system data against unauthorized third parties.
This free firewall software offers the best-of-breed two-way personal firewall, host protection module which blocks suspicious activity and 0-day threats and self-protection, which prevent product deactivation by malware. Meanwhile, it also supports plug-ins for tasks such as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard and Privacy Control. Plus more, it supports online automated update against new attacks. Finally, it needs no configuration before using and it starts protecting your system as soon as it’s installed.
Agnitum Outpost Free Firewall Features and benefits
- Bidirectional firewall – The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
- Protection that can’t be shut down by hackers
Today’s malware frequently seeks to shut down security software to make its infection process easier. By incorporating solid tamper-proof protection for all its components, Outpost Firewall makes it impossible for anyone except the authorized user of the program to disable or close active protection.
- Application behavior monitoring – Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC.
- Intuitive, resource-friendly operation – Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Firewall to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the firewall can learn how to handle alerts and make decisions for you, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost.
- Activity monitoring capabilities – Outpost’s Network Activity Monitor shows every connection your PC makes with other computers on the Internet or local network, so you can see what’s happening on your PC at all times.
- 64-bit compatibility – It should be noted that Outpost is one of very few solutions on the market to offer “native” support of 64-bit platforms and has been specifically designed to comply with both 32- and 64-bit systems.