Portable ClamWin antivirus, a free portable antivirus eventually having similar security features like ClamWin desktop application. It can scan viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, hack tools, rootkits, and other malware.
Meanwhile, the portable ClamWin antivirus application can automatically updates the virus definition if USB removable drives are attached with Internet access. However, the only limitation is Portable ClamWin doesn’t have a real-time scanner so it won’t automatically check downloaded files for viruses.
Portable ClamWin Antivirus Features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Scanning Scheduler;
- Automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database.
- Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
Alternatively, you can follow below guide to build your own portable ClamWin:
You can take ClamWin free antivirus with you on a USB pen drive, CD or DVD
- Install ClamWin on a host PC with Windows XP or higher
- Copy all the files from “c:\program files\clamwin” to a “clamwin” folder on a removable drive. unins000.exe and unins000.dat files are not needed
- Copy the following files:
from “c:\program files\clamwin\bin\Microsoft.VC80.CRT” to the “clamwin\bin” folder on your removable drive.
- Copy this ClamWin.conf (right-click to Save) file to “clamwin\bin” folder on the removable drive (note Standalone=1 setting)
- Create the folowing foldres on the removable drive:
- Copy the database files (main.cvd and daily.cvd) from your database directory on the host PC (default location is “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\db”) to the “clamwin\db” folder on the removable drive.
- That’s it, you can now run clamwin.exe from clamwin folder on your removable drive.