Here is a list of free web penetration testing tool that allows web application programmer or web security engineer to run penetration test on their own web applications. These web security stress test tool provides helps developers to build better and more secure web applications.
These web penetration testing tools is very useful due to most of websites have vulnerabilities that could lead to the theft of sensitive corporate data such as, credit card information and customer lists. Accessible 24/7 from anywhere in the world, insecure web applications provide easy access to backend corporate databases and also allow hackers to perform illegal activities using the compromised site.
Doing a security stress test or web penetration test on your web application is important. So, below is the free web penetration testing tools that worth to try out to stress test your web application security or find web application vulnerabilities.
Free Web Penetration Testing Tool list:
Burp suite is an integrated web application security platform work seamlessly together to support the entire web application testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface to discover any security vulnerabilities.
Key features of Burp Suite:
- Intercepting Proxy, which security application engineer inspect and modify traffic between your browser and the target application.
- Application-aware Spider to crawl content and functionality.
- Advanced web application Scanner automate the detection of numerous types of vulnerability.
- Web Intruder tool to perform powerful customized attacks to find and exploit unusual vulnerabilities.
- Web repeating tool to manipulate and resending individual web requests.
- Sequencer tool to test the randomness of session tokens.
- The ability to save your work and resume working later.
- Extensibility, allowing you to easily write your own plugins, to perform complex and highly customized tasks within Burp.
There are two version: free version and paid version. If you want more security testing functionality, you can consider the paid version, which it have more web penetration testing functionalities like Burp Intruder, Time-throttled demo, Burp Scanner, Save and Restore , Target Analyzer, Content Discovery and Task Scheduler. The paid version is very affordable, which cost 299 USD annually.
Arachni web penetration also has a web user interface that allows multiple users to perform and manage multiple scans, which supports collaborative efforts between users to share scans and any issues they might have logged.
Zed Attack Proxy Project
Zed Attack Proxy, an easy to use web penetration tools to scan security vulnerability finder for web applications. Its main goal is to allow easy penetration testing to find vulnerabilities in web applications. It is ideal for developers and functional testers as well as security experts.
The latest version of ZAP is able to runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS and requires Java 7.
Key features of Zed Attack Proxy features: Intercepting Proxy, Automated Scanner, Passive Scanner, Brute Force Scanner, Fuzzer, Port Scanner, Spider, Web Sockets and REST API.
Let us know if there are other free web penetration testing tool should include on the above list.