Free Website Monitoring tools To Monitor Website UpTime and Status
Monitor Website Uptime with website monitoring tools is the most important aspect that every webmaster should consider. With website monitoring tools, it can help you to extract the exact status of your site, how it is performing and how it can be improved.
Although, there are lots of paid services for this, but at the same time there are some really good free website monitoring services. Through these services you can get a regular update of your website at pre-defined intervals. Moreover, they alert you (via email, SMS, or RSS) when your website goes down. Meanwhile, the best part of using these services is that, you don’t have to download or install any software to use these services. So, let’s check out some of the most efficient and accurate website monitoring tools.
Free Website Monitoring Tools List:
Speed is a crucial aspect in providing a pleasant user experience to visitors of your site. It ensures that a visitor’s limited attention span and time are spent on actual content and not wasted waiting for images and scripts to load. Studies have shown that users will not tolerate more than a 4 second load time. If your site fails to offer a quick response, your users will leave.
In terms of SEO, Google is hinting at using Page Speed score in its ranking algorithm. As developers and marketers look to optimize their sites, page speed should be among the top optimizations to consider.
GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
Gomez is another free web monitoring tool which gives you a detail spec sheet of your site performance. It mainly measures you website with respect to following fields.
- DNS Lookup Time: The time it takes for the browser to turn the text-based hostname (www.gomez.com) into an IP address (181.201.212.001).
- Connection Time: The time that it takes to connect to a web server across a network.
- First Byte: The interval between the time at which a request is made from a Web server and the time at which the first byte of data requested is received.
- Content Download: The time required to download the content of the root object (base HTML file) if the test is configured as a non-component test, or the time needed to download the root object and all of the supported component objects if the test is configured as a component test.
- Redirect Time: The amount of time between the time that notification to redirect is received until the object to which the browser is redirected is fully received. If there are no redirections, redirection time is zero.
- all page objects of your selected URL
Meanwhile, it also asks to mention a specific node, where you want to check the performance of your site. For example, in the above picture I have mentioned, Los Angele- Level 3.
SiteProbe is a tool that checks the status of your website hourly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This gives the webmaster more time to be creative and improve his/her content instead of constantly worrying about whether or not the site is “up”.
SiteProbe offered for free for the first 90 days, and the basic service is only one dollar per month after that. However, to use this service, you need to have a valid email address, as it will sent the login credentials to your inbox first.
This is primarily a paid service, but provides free account as well. Main Features of the System are:
- Possibility to receive error notifications both to your Email, ICQ, GTalk or cell-phone via SMS;
- Possibility to receive specified (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) reports;
- Accumulation of availability statistics with further reporting;
- Resource accessibility instant check.
- Uptime button;
- Distributed monitoring;
- Instant site check;
- Monitoring period – every 1/5/15/30/60 minutes;
- The HEAD/POST/GET HTTP-methods support;
- Keyword presence control of a page;
Pingdom is one of the most favorite services of all most all the webmaster. The main feature of this service is that, it allows you to set the monitoring frequency to any chosen interval. This means that Pingdom would check your website after every 1 minute, and will alert you as soon as your website goes down.
The load time of all objects is shown visually with time bars.
You can view the list of objects either in load order or as a hierarchy. The hierarchy view allows you to see which objects are linked to in for example a CSS file.
Every test also shows general statistics about the loaded page such as the total number of objects, total load time, and size including all objects.