Free Windows Server 2008 Trial for 240 Days
Free Windows Server 2008 trial is available by Microsoft to promoting the popularity of Windows Server 2008 over server operating system market. Since Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the latest generation of Windows Server series and predecessor Windows Server 2003.
Windows Server 2008 builds based on code base as Windows Vista; therefore, it shares much of the same architecture and functionality. while delivering valuable new functionality and powerful improvements to the base operating system to provide solid foundation for information technology (IT) infrastructure.
A look at new Windows Server 2008 functionality:
Windows Server 2008 has features rich upgrade with numerous functional advantages over its predecessors windows server 2003. Here are some of the changes in this release that I feel will have the biggest customer impact.
- Server Manager, the expanded Microsoft Management Console (MMC), provides a one-stop interface for server configuration and monitoring with wizards to streamline common server management tasks.
- Windows PowerShell, a new optional command-line shell and scripting language, enables administrators to automate routine system administration tasks across multiple servers.
- Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor provides powerful diagnostic tools to give you ongoing visibility into your server environment, both physical and virtual, to pinpoint and resolve issues quickly.
- Optimized server administration and data replication for increased control over servers located in remote locations, such as a branch office.
- Componentized Server Core installation option allows minimal installations where only the server roles and features you need are installed, reducing maintenance needs and decreasing the available attack surface of the server.
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS) provides a simplified, highly secure means of rapidly deploying Windows operating systems to computers by using network-based installation.
- Failover clustering wizards make it easy for even IT generalists to implement high-availability solutions, Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is now fully integrated, and geographically dispersed cluster nodes no longer need to be on the same IP subnet or configured with complicated Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
- Network Load Balancing (NLB) now supports IPv6 and includes multiple dedicated IP address support which allows multiple applications to be hosted on the same NLB cluster.
- Windows Server Backup incorporates faster backup technology and simplifies data or operating system restoration.
As Microsoft provides free download Windows Server 2008 trial software on various edition like standard , DataCenter , Enterprise and Web Server for users and developers to evaluate and try. The free Windows Server 2008 trial version download is initially offer 60 days (expendable to 240 days), without the need for product activation or entering a product key). Although itâ€™s mentioned as trial software, the installed copy of Windows Server 2008 can be activated with a valid and genuine product key and used as full version product with no expiry date or grace period for activation.
Free Download links for Windows Server 2008 Edition:
Do note that the download will be big – normally between 1 to 5 GB.
- Windows Server 2008 Standard (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise(x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter(x86 and x64)
- Windows Web Server 2008(x86 and x64)