Every single Windows user knows how important it is to run disk defrag every once in a while. When it comes to defragmentation, there is a lot of choice, from the built-in Windows disk defragmenter to numerous free and paid third party defragmentation programs.
Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro 4.0 is a new defragmenter from Auslogics. Most of you should be familiar with their free Disk Defrag, which has been one of the most popular free defragmenters for years. But now Auslogics created an even more powerful disk defragmenter and disk optimizer – Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro.
Disk Defrag Pro has all the features present in the free version of the defragmenter, such as smart file and free space defragmentation, smart system files placement, and single file and folder defragmentation. In addition to that, Disk Defrag Pro is packed with disk defragmentation and optimization features that turn the software into a complete HDD and SSD optimizer. Here are some of the features it includes:
- Boot-time defragmentation – this feature speeds up system access by defragmenting system files, such as MFT, pagefile, Windows registry files, and Hibernation file on Windows boot, before they are locked by the system
- Four smart defragmentation algorithms – the user can select one of four different defragmentation algorithms to ensure the maximum performance gain
- SSD optimization – a special algorithm is used to optimize the performance of SSD drives without performing excessive write operations that reduce SSD lifetime
- Fragmentation prevention – Disk Defrag Pro allows to prevent fragmentation by assigning bits of free space after frequently used user-specified files
- Disk cleanup and checkup – removing temporary files and checking disks for errors allows to ensure flawless defragmentation and achieve the maximum performance gain
All these features make Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro a really powerful piece of software to optimize HDDs and SSDs to peak performance.
Another Disk Defrag Pro feature worth mentioning is the Defragmentation Wizard. Basically, this wizard makes configuring Disk Defrag Pro as easy as answering some basic questions about how you use your computer. All you need to do is launch the Wizard, select the appropriate radio buttons and Disk Defrag Pro will know which algorithm to use and how often to defragment your computer. Once the Wizard settings are saved, your disks will be defragmented and optimized automatically on a predefined schedule or when your computer is idle for more than 15 minutes. This means that even if you are a user who doesn’t know a lot about defragmentation, you will be able to benefit from all Disk Defrag Pro’s features.
One more Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro feature that should be mentioned is SSD optimization. Now, a lot of people say that you should never defragment an SSD drive because traditional defragmentation performs too many write operations, which can damage the SSD and shorten its lifespan. That’s why you shouldn’t use an ordinary defrag utility to optimize the performance of SSD drives. Unlike traditional disk defragmenters, Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro recognizes an SSD and doesn’t defrag it in the traditional way. What it does is optimize file placement on the SSD for faster access. The write operations are greatly reduced by the special SSD optimization algorithm, so that the SSD doesn’t get damaged and manages files better.
Users who like to have total control over their PCs will appreciate Disk Defrag Pro’s reporting features. The program creates detailed reports and even lets the user manage resource usage assigned to the defrag process.
And now the best bit. Techmixer readers have the chance to get Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro for free. We have 3 giveaway licenses worth $90 in total. Entering the giveaway is simple:
- Like the post on Facebook or Tweet it
- Leave a meaningful comment including proof of how you shared the post. Make sure you enter your name and a valid email address in the comment form
- The winners will be chosen randomly and we’ll announce the winners on 20/2/2012.
In the meantime, you can download the free 30-day fully-functional trial of Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro from Auslogics’ website.
Giveaway Winner Announcement:
The lucky winners for Auslogic Disk Defrag Pro 4.0 license were selected randomly:
- Avik Chatterjee
If you won, you’ll be receiving an email containing your free license code in the next few days.
Congratulations to all the winners and to those who participated but failed to win there would always be next time.