How Online Fax Works
Previously I have cover online send free faxing services such as FaxZero, MyFax, FaxOrama and GotFreeFax which allows user send fax online. All you need is a web browser that connected to internet, then sends the fax with the file document and enters destination fax number.
So, How Online Internet Fax Works?
Online faxing also known as Internet fax, digital fax and e fax uses an online fax service provider to convert a fax transmission into file that can be received by a fax machine. Most of Internet faxing services using a fax server/gateway as middleware to process faxing file online. This fax server / gateway will replace the traditional fax machine because it offers the advantage of dispensing with the machine as well as the additional telephone line.
Sending Internet Fax Process:
- Computer -> Internet -> Fax gateway -> Phone line -> Fax machine
From his/her computer, in the supplier Web site, the user chooses the document (doc, pdf, jpeg, tiff or any known supported files) s/he wants to send and the fax number of the recipient. When sending, the document is usually converted and sent by the Web server to the fax server, which then transmits it to the recipient fax machine via the Standard Telephone Network. Then the user receives a confirmation that the sending was carried out, in his/her web interface and/or by email.
An Internet fax service allows one to send faxes from a computer via an Internet connection, thanks to a Web interface usually available on the online faxing Web site. This Internet faxing technology has many advantages:
- No fax machine – no maintenance, no paper, toner expenditure, possible repairs, etc.
- Mobility – All actions are done on the Web interface; the service is thus available from any computer connected to Internet, everywhere in the world.
- Confidentiality – The faxes are received directly on the account of the user; he is the only one who can access it. The received faxes are then less likely to be lost or read by the wrong people.
- No installation of software or hardware ? All actions are done on the Web interface of the supplier, on the account of the user.
- No telephone subscription for an additional line dedicated to the fax.
- Many faxes can be sent or received simultaneously, and faxes can be received while the computer is switched off.
To further illustrate how online fax services works; here is a network diagram show how it works:
Image Credit: GeokoandFly.com