mRemote, a centralized remote connections manager software that manage all remote connections within its single user interface. It support various remote management services like RDP, VNC remote control, SSH , RLogin and other host access. The mRemote concept basic ideal is to reduce the system resources and cluttering up windows taskbar. Meanwhile, user can easily run multiple instance connection to their remote terminal on a single application with multiple tabbing support.
As you noticed that mRemote is a centralized remote connection manager that similar like Terminal Server Manager MMC snap-in, but the only difference among them is mRemote supports more remote control and access protocols.
Features of mRemote remote connection managers includes:
- Free and Open Source, released under the GPL.
- Panels and tabs allow to group certain connections together, dock them to any side of the window or completely undock them and move them to another screen for example.
- Multiple supported protocols (RDP, VNC, ICA, SSH, Telnet, RAW, Rlogin and HTTP/S).
- Easy to organize and maintain list of connections.
- Inheritance makes it possible to store properties on folder basis and let the underlying connections inherit this info.
- Support for importing connections from Active Directory.
- Allows creating nested containers (folders) to categorize connections.
- “Quick Connect” feature to quickly open a connection without creating an entry.
- “Quick Search” feature to quickly find a connection while typing.
- Support for SCP/SFTP (SSH) file transfers.
- Assign icons to connections to easily identify purpose.
- Screenshot manager allows to collect multiple screenshots and save them all together or copy them to the clipboard.
- View remote session info and log off sessions (RDP).
- Auto-Reconnect feature.
- “Auto-Update” feature.
- SQL Server support.
- Show description tooltips when hoovering over connections.
- System tray icon with connection menu.
- Fullscreen (Kiosk) mode.
- Assign global credentials to use when no information is provided on connection basis.
- Host Up/Down (Ping) feature shows if the selected host answers to a ping.
Beside that, mRemote is a windows centralized remote manager software which is a open source and free program. Plus more, mRemote remote software is support XP and Vista platform only.
Requirement to run mRemote
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Terminal Services Client 6.0
Needed if you use RDP. mstscax.dll and/or msrdp.ocx must be registered.
Needed if you use Telnet, SSH, Rlogin or RAW. Included in all packages.
- Citrix ICA Client
Needed if you use ICA. wfica.ocx must be registered.
As mRemote, currently on stable version 1.5.
Visit mRemote Official Pages