Personal Backup – Free Personal Windows File Backup Software
Personal backup is a Windows backup freeware that offers lots of flexibility for backing up important files both locally and over a network using FTP or SFTP protocols.
You can configure and store as many backup tasks as you want on personal backup. The file backups selection is made on folder basis. All subfolders are included automatically. But the user can exclude any subdirectories from backup by selection or by filter. Additional criteria are the selection by file types, file age and/or file name filter. Meanwhile, all file backup can backup in the form of full backups, incremental backups, and differential backups with compression and encryption technology included.
Beside that, Personal Backup can perform backup by manually or automatically. Beside that, you can make a scheduled backup with dayly or weekly changing destination paths.
Backup options include on Personal Backup:
- To backup single files or one zip.
- Preserve, ignore the directory structure and create separate directories for drives.
- To compress the files and add file type exceptions.
- To encrypt the backup using AES.
- To add notes, send emails and run external programs before and after backup.
- To synchronize files
- To verify files
- To choose a backup mode from Copy, Full, Differential and Incremental.
- To adjust the time gap for timestamp comparison
- Creation of a backup logs
- Integrated restore function for whole trees or selected files
- Automatic decryption on file restore
- Synchronize backup directories
The software comes in an English and German version and is compatible to all Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows Vista. Meanwhile, Personal Backup is a great alternative Windows backup software like Fbackup, Cobian Backup and AceBackup, which it’s free. Plus more, Personal Backup is a free download for Windows only.