QuakeLive, an online first-person shooter (FPS) multiplayer video game that developed based on Quake III engine and having similarity gaming feels like PC mode Quake III arena. This QuakeLive online first person shooting games is totally free which entire projects is funded by means of in-game advertising, and released as a free download. Plus more, this gaming company predicting to success its predecessor Quake III Arena as a “major league” FPS eSports competition game.
However, QuakeLive can be play on web browser once you have download their Quake browser plugin. This online free first person shooting game offers every player of different skill levels a totally free and easily accessible multiplayer game and community through a single website. You can find a game, post reviews and do everything through their website. It has more than 25 maps and various game modes such as “Free for All”, “Team Deathmatch”, “Capture the Flag”, “Clan Arena” and “Instagib”.
Game Types offers on QuakeLive:
- Free for All (FFA) – also known as plain old deathmatch. You score points by killing or fragging other players. There are no teams, every individual for itself.
- Duel (1v1) – the name says most of it. It’s a ten minute face-off between two players. Other players spectate the game, and can challenge the last duel winner.
- Team Deathmatch (TDM) – like FFA, only in teams. Two teams face each other, and points can be earned by killing or fragging members of the other team. What’s special about this gametype is that you can earn negative points for teamkills.
- Clan Arena (CA) – two teams face each other in a last man standing match. There are no instant respawns, and the team that manages to eliminate the other gets awarded the points for that round.
- Capture the Flag (CTF) – two teams in the classic capture the flag mode. Each team tries to steal the other teams flag from its base, while protecting its own flag in the process. To get the other team’s flag to your base – with your flag present – awards you one point.
However, QuakeLive free online first person shooting games is available on Windows only, as the QuakeLive game company promising that Mac and Linux versions are in the works.
Start playing Quake Live now!
Are you ready to start playing Quake Live? Register right away and hook into the action.
Let us know what you think of Quake Live in the comments!