Whatsapp consider the most common messaging apps nowadays either on Android or iPhone. However, the bad things is that it doesn’t store WhatsApp messages and WhatsApp media files on their server due to privacy concern.
But no worries!! Whatsapp got backup your daily chat messages on 4am on local smart phone storage and external storage card. Or even stored WhatsApps message on Google Drive. It’s solely depending on your Whatsapp backup setting.
There are plenty of ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. It’s depend on what is recover Whatsapp message objectives.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages:
1. How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android using Google Drive:
If you’ve backed up your chats to Google Drive (which you can do in Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup) then you can restore from that.
However, you need to use the same phone number and Google account used to create the back up or else the restore whatsapp process don’t work.
The Google Drive Whatsapp deleted messages recovery process is much the same as it is for local backups:
- Uninstall Whatsapp
- Reinstall WhatsApp. Once your verification have done, you will prompted to restore your messages and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap on Next and your chats will be displayed once initialisation is complete.
- After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.
2. How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android (Manually):
* If you have not created manual backup to preserve your recent chats. You can do that in the app’s menu button, go to Settings > Chats and Calls > Back up Chats (or Chat Backup, depending on which version you have).
All Whatsapp backup will be stored as msgstore.db.crypt8 in your /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases folder. Save this file as msgstore.db.crypt8.current
To recover deleted Whatsapp message:
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Decide which backup file you want to restore.
- Rename that file from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt8 to msgstore.db.crypt8
- Install WhatsApp.
- Tap Restore when asked.
More details: How to Recover Whatsapp Chat – Android
Besides that, there are plenty of Whatsapp message recovery Android apps in the Google Play Store such as below:
- Easy Backup & Restore is a free Whatsapp recovery app that lets you back up your contacts, call logs, text messages, calendars and bookmarks.
- Titanium Backup lets you back up absolutely everything on your phone. The complete backup can be restored at any time and you can set up scheduled backups so you have a regular snapshot of your Android phone’s contents.
Please share with us if you know other “Recover Deleted Whatsapp Message” tips should included on top.