Scirra Construct – Free WYSIWYG DirectX Games and Application
Scirra Construct is a game development project licensed under the GNU GPL that allows you to create DirectX 9-based games and applications in a WYSIWYG environment. It includes an event based system for defining how the game or application will behave, in a visual, human-readable way.
Scirra Construct is powerful and easy to use game maker program. It allows users from any background create their own games quickly and easily without any prior programming knowledge.
Scirra Construct features:
- Super fast hardware-accelerated DirectX 9 graphics engine.
- Add multiple pixel shaders for advanced special effects, including lighting, HDR, distortion, lenses and more.
- Physics engine for realistic object behavior.
- Place object on different layers for organizing display, parallaxing, or whole-layer effects.
- Debugger giving you complete control over all aspects of your game for testing purposes.
- Smaller, faster specialized runtime for applications.
- 50+ plugins ranging from Tiled Background to database access.
Scirra Construct is a free, open source development software. You can download it from SourceForge here. Scirra has also released the first plugin SDK for developers to write their own plugins in C++. For more screenshots, visit Screenshot page. Also check out the demo at http://www.scirra.com/demos.php.