Secret Disk, a free file folder password protection software hides and lock file folder with password protection by preventing others to see your private files and document on your computer. This file folder password protection software is very useful for those intend to hide their personal emails, financial records, and other private sensitive data from outsider.
Secret Disk – Free File Folder Password Protection Features
- Access with a password – you can access Secret Disk with a password only
- Locking – when locking secret disk disappears and stays invisible with all contents.
- One second protection – when you need protection Secret Disk disappears within one second with all content, no matter how many files you have on the disk.
- Power failure – in case of power failure Secret Disk will be automatically locked.
- Automatic locking – Secret Disk can be automatically locked if you away from your PC (screensaver is running) or when you press emergency F8 button.
How to use Secret Disk – Free File Folder protection software
1. Download and Install Secret Disk
2. Enter the password combination that you prefer.
3. Once password confirmed, a new disk X: will be appear in My Computer area and you can start storing your private data and folder under the disk X:.
4. Once finishing storing sensitive data under disk X:, you can click “LOCK” button then the drive X: will be visible.
To view back the disk X, all you need activate back Secret Disk (or click on Secret Disk on Windows tray) and enter your password to unlock. Then the Drive X: will appear again.
So, Anything you save on this drive will remain hidden from other users once it is locked. Meanwhile, the new drive X: has the same size and same amount of free space as your C drive. This is because Secret Disk uses your root partition to save your secret files.
However, Secret Disk file folder password protection has their limitation, which all data have to be saved on Drive C: only. Plus more, this file password protection software is only allows one secret drive to be created on one computer.