Serial to Ethernet Connector – Create Virtual Serial Ports
Serial to Ethernet Connector formerly known as VSPD.net is a software based solution to let you Share up to 255 serial port devices over TCP/IP network. Any serial port device connected to COM port could be accessed from anywhere in the world as if it is attached to local PC.
Serial to Ethernet Connector uses virtual port technology which emulates real serial ports. With this, you are no longer limited to just 1 real port and may create COM port connections without occupying any real serial port.
Serial to Ethernet Connector able to create four different types of connection:
- Port-to-port connection – connect two computers over TCP/IP network
- Port-to-TCP client – connect to remote server and send/receive communication serial data over TCP/IP network
- Port-to-TCP Server – Server listens to all incoming connections at the defined TCP port and redirects input/output serial data to TCP/IP network.
- Port-to-UDP connection – connect two serial ports via UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
Features of Serial to Ethernet Converter:
- Share your serial port device with others using TCP/IP client-server application
- Connect to remote computer using null-modem emulation
- Provide access to up to 255 serial ports simultaneously
- High speed data exchange from/to virtual serial port (up to 256 kbits)
- Automatically restore connection within a customizable timeout on connection brakes
- Dynamically change communication port parameters without necessity to reopen it
- Ports could be automatically configured every time you boot your PC
- Map your real serial port to any other virtual or real port (up to 255)
- Customize serial port’s connection parameters (baudrate, parity, flow-control, databits, stopbits)
- Connection speed in serial port pairs is much more reliable and faster than in physical links
- Fully compatible with Windows 98SE/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003/64-bit XP/64-bit 2003
- Fully compatible with HyperThreaded and multi-processor systems
- Works under virtual machine
- Single license allows you to install this application on two computers to provide client-server architecture
Download the trial version of Serial to Ethernet Connector here.