SharePod – iPod Music Manager for Apple iPod
SharePod is a small program to copy music to/from your iPod and share music with non-iPod friends. With SharePod, nothing needs to be installed on the PC, the program is stored and run from your iPod. All you need to do is plug your iPod into a computer and run SharePod.exe.
SharePod – Apple iPod Music Manager Features:
- Copy songs and playlists from your iPod to your PC
- Copy songs from a PC to your iPod – you don’t need iTunes to add music to your iPod anymore!
- Completely customizable organization of copied files – choose your own folder and filename structure
- Integration with iTunes – once you have copied music to your PC, easily add it to your iTunes library
- Built-in Media Player
- Search by Title, Artist, Album, Genre (or any combination)
- Create Winamp-style playlists from the music on your iPod so you can listen to it without needing to copy the mp3 files to your computer.
- iPod Network File Sharing – If you are on a network, (e.g. at work/university) and you enable the feature, other users can run your copy of SharePod from their own computers, and download music directly from your iPod!
- No messy install/uninstall process – SharePod is just a couple of files.
SharePod is a freeware and can be downloaded from www.getsharepod. You simply download the zip file, and unzip the contents directly into your iPod after enabling disk use. To enable disk use in iTunes, right-click on the iPod icon, and select ‘iPod Options…’ In the window that pops up, choose the sub-tab ‘General’ under the main iPod tab. Check ‘Enable Disk Use’.