SkyFex – Web Based Remote Assistant
SkyFex , a web based remote desktop access service that allows viewing and controlling remote computers in real time. Remote desktop sessions are accessible via opening a link in a web-browser and can be ready to use in less than thirty seconds.
Unlike most of desktop sharing and viewing solutions like Microsoft Remote Assistance which is built-in Windows XP/2003 feature, VNC, Symantec PCAnywhere, RemoteAdmin etc. which use direct connection to remote computer, SkyFex works through dedicated SkyFex Central Server which handles all the connections acting as a “helper in the middle” or as a proxy server. All the communication between Expert and Client happens through SkyFex Central Server.
To use SkyFex, all you need is the Internet connection and a standard web browser. There is no installation and configuration, it works transparently through proxy/firewall and NAT networks. Simply sign up to be an Expert for the SkyFex service. Open https://skyfex.com/client/ in the Internet Explorer and give 6-digit Client ID to the Expert. Client will be joined to the assistance session and it’s remote computer desktop will be displayed in the browser window of Expert computer.
SkyFex Web-Based Remote Assistant features:
- Remote Desktop Viewing – The service provides an ability to see remote computer desktop in real time over secured communication channel.
- Security and Privacy – All communication is secured with 128-bit encryption and transmitted over SSL secured HTTPS connection between a computer and SkyFex central server.
- No Software Installation Required – Neither expert nor user needs to install software to use SkyFex. Service is web-based application which is delivered by Internet Explorer as ActiveX component. After first service use the service module is cached on the computer and all further service usage will not involve any downloads.
- Firewall/Proxy Transparent – The service uses outgoing HTTPS secure connection and does not need to configure the firewall/proxy or NAT settings. The service behaves like regular HTTPS secure web site connection.
- High Performance – The screen is transmitted in the 16-bit color and data is compressed at maximum rate. That enables comfortable work with any home cable/DSL connections.
- Easy to start by novice users – Remote user needs no special knowledge or training to use the service. Following the straightforward expert instructions over the phone or Instant Messenger even a novice user can join assistance session.
SkyFex is a free and secure service. The data transmission between the Client and the Expert is secured by SSL protocol with 128-bit encryption.