SystemRescueCD is a bootable Windows Rescue CD allow Windows rescue unbootable Windows operating or damaged computer systems after a system crash. This bootable Windows rescue disk can burn into a bootable CD-ROM or USB stick for administrating or repairing your system. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out windows admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the partitions of the hard disk.
Once booting up System Rescue CD, it will provides temporary OS so that you could try to repair and rescue your crashed PC. There are variety of utilities tools such as system tools (parted, partimage , fstools, …) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). Meanwhile, this bootable Windows rescue disk also allow access the Internet in an attempt to find answers to any problems your windows PC is experiencing.
System Rescue CD System tools included
- GNU Parted – Hard disk partition application creates, resizes, moves, copies partitions, and file systems (and more).
- GParted – GUI implementation using the GNU Parted library.
- Partimage – popular opensource disk image software which works at the disk block level and clone hard disk
- FSArchiver – flexible archiver that can be used as both system and data recovery software
- File systems tools (for Linux and Windows filesystems): format, resize, and debug an existing partition of a hard disk
- Ntfs3g – enables read/write access to MS Windows NTFS partitions.
- sfdisk saves / restores partition table (and more).
- Test-disk – Hard disk partition tool to check and undelete partition, supports reiserfs, ntfs, fat32, ext2/3 and many others
- Memtest+ – memory test application to test out the memory of your computer (first thing to test when you have a crash or unexpected problems)
- Rsync: very-efficient and reliable program that can be used for remote backups.
- Network tools (Samba, NFS, ping, nslookup, …) to backup your data across the network