Update AVG Rescue CD Virus Definition Offline
Previously we have covers AVG Rescue CD post to rescue infected computer or remove virus threats that unable boot up normally. However, this bootable antivirus rescue CD may not feasible for those offline computers because it doesn’t have Internet connectivity to update latest virus definition. During the virus scanning, the AVG rescue CD might unable to detect the latest virus threats.
To overcome this latest virus definition updates problem on offline computer, you can update AVG Rescue CD virus definition offline from file directory as below step:
How To Update AVG Rescue CD Virus Definition offline:
1. Download AVG update file from a computer that has an Internet connection as below screenshot. The AVG virus definition file named IAVI as below screen:
2. Create a new AVG updates folder in your Pen drive or hard drive. Copy and paste the downloaded update file on this newly created directory.
3. Boot from AVG Rescue CD and select Update, which shows the following options
- Online : Update from the internet
- Offline: Update from the directory.
- Download ownload update files from the internet.
4. Now select offline option to navigate through partition and choose AVG updates folder. Run the update. After the update use “Return “ to come to scan. Then you scan your computer for latest virus threats.