AeroSQL is an open source web MySQL database management application to multiple Mysql database simultaneously. It is written on PHP written in PHP and uses ExtJS to provide the desktop-like functionality. The key feature of AeroSQL mysql manager is able to control many databases from different mysql servers in a single, desktop-like interface where records can be easily browsed or edited within a grid.
All result of SELECTs command is displayed in a grid as in traditional desktop applications. The grid is editable: you can update cells and save the changes to the backend database server. It is possible to select the columns to be displayed, while editing a table which will help reaching the data in an organized way.
AeroSQL Mysql Manager Key Features:
- Multiple servers administration;
- Live Queries: if a SELECT is performed on a single table and the result contains a unique index, AeroSQL will let you update the result set, i.e. the result is not read-only; (The unique index with the mininum number of columns is used. If a table doesn’t have a unique index at all, ALL the columns are used as an index.)
- Sql Monitor: view all SQL commands issued by the server side script;
- Multi query execution: you can run a batch of sql queries delimited by a semicolon;
- Correct handling of NULL values;
- The user can select which columns to display while editing a database table. Subsequent navigation through table rows will fetch only visible columns, thus minimizing network traffic;
- AeroSQL will provide column editors based on mysql data type:
- ENUM columns are represented by a combobox;
- TEXT column editor is a separate window with a TextArea and a WYSIWYG HTML editor;
- Numeric columns will not allow you to enter letters. Even negative numbers are disallowed if the column was defined as UNSIGNED.
- Easy to use web interface based on ExtJS framework.