Windows 8 Codecs Download
After Windows 8 Consumer Previews released by Microsoft during the Microsoft Keynote at Mobile World Congress. The developer of famous Vista Codecs, and Windows 7 Codecs has developed the first Windows 8 Codecs package for public download.
This Windows 8 Codecs is an audio and video codec package mainly for Windows 8. It will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive package. You won’t need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately. Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
Windows 8 Codecs package also equipped with most of popular audio and video codecs, which it can easily play popular audio and video formats such as amr, mpc, ofr, divx, mka, flac, evo, flv, mkv, xvid, and rmvb in Windows 8 media player. Meanwhile, it have preview pane for all video file types and full color thumbnails for FLV and MKV formats.
Things the Windows 8 Codec package does that other codec package cannot do:
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
- Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
- Allows singleclick setup of Bitstreamed Audio
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Funtionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
Unfortunately, Windows 8 Codecs doesn’t contain a media player. But Windows 8 Codecs is supports both x86 and x64 versions of Windows 8. However, Any interested user is highly recommended to uninstall any codec package that you have previously installed before running Windows 8 Codecs setup.