Best WordPress Security Plugins To Secure WordPress
If you have using wordpress as your CMS (content management system), you should consider installing WordPress security plugin first to protect wordpress. These security plugins below not just help you to secure your website, but it also restricts the unauthorized access to your website at the same time.
So, today we will check out some of the best existing security plugins for word press users.
A wordpress security login plugin that against any wordpress hacker that cracking your login password and credential using brute force attack. This wordpress security login plugin will records the IP address and timestamp of every failed WordPress login attempt. Once reach until a certain number of failed attempts, it will disable the login function for all requests from that range ip address.
Secure WordPress is a wordpress security plugin that beefs up the security of your WordPress installation by removing error information on login pages, adds index.html to plugin directories, hides the WordPress version, really simple discovery, windows live writer and much more. Plus more, Secure wordpress can blocks any bad queries that could be harmful to your WordPress website
A wordpress security that force the user browser to connect to your site via a SSL connection. with this wordpress SSL plugin, it eliminates any third party attacks between the wordpress admin connection and all the data that is transmitted to and from the site will be encrypted for better security. For example the site will appear as (https://www.techmixer.com) rather than (http://www.techmixer.com).
AntiVirus for WordPress is a smart and effective solution to protect your blog against exploits and spam injections. After installing this wordpress antivirus plugin, you won’t have to bother about the data corruption anymore.
WordPress Antivirus Feature:
• WordPress 3.x ready: Design as well as technical
• Detect the current WordPress permalink back door
• Quick & Dirty: activate, check, done!
• Manual testing with immediate result of the infected files
• Daily automatic check with email notification
• Whitelist: Mark the suspicion as “No virus”
• Clean up after uninstall the plugin
Login Encrypt is a security plugin. It uses a complex combination of DES and RSA. It was first developed by ELSERVER for securing login in the hosting control panel, and then released as a WordPress plugin.
• The password of the user is encrypted.
• The encripted password and the encrypted DES unique key are sended to the server.
• A hook when login in checks if a encrypted DES unique key is received. If does, decrypts it using the secure RSA private key.
• Then, decrypts the password using the DES unique key.
BulletProof Security protects your website from XSS, CSRF, Base64 and SQL Injection hacking attempts. BulletProof Security protects both your Root website folder and wp-admin folder with .htaccess website security protection, as well as providing additional website security protection.
WordPress Bullet Proof Security Feature:
• Designed to be a fast, simple and one click security plugin to add .htaccess website security protection for your WordPress website.
• Secure .htaccess protection blocks XSS, CSRF, Base64_encode and SQL Injection hacking attempts
• Permanent online backup and restore
• Built-in File Editing, File Downloading and File Uploading
• WordPress readme.html and /wp-admin/install.php protected with .htaccess security protection
• wp-config.php and bb-config.php files protected with .htaccess security protection
• php.ini and php5.ini files protected with .htaccess security protection
• WordPress database errors turned off – Verification and function insurance
Besides that, here is other wordpress security post series that improve your wordpress security:
If you know other wordpress security plugin should included on the list, let us know