Net Profiles, A free Windows Vista network connections profile manager that allow you switch your window network connection configuration easily. Net Profiles application able to eliminate the need to manually reconfigure your Vista network settings when you move your desktop/laptop computer to another network environment.
Once a profile is created, Net Profiles can configure your IP settings, proxy settings, mapped drives, default printer, wallpaper, and screen resolution with a click of a button; as well as run any number of user-defined applications upon activation of a profile. However, Net Profiles only support Windows XP and Vista only and required Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework
Net Profiles Main Features
- Save your network settings as profiles.
- Automatically activate wireless profiles when specified wireless connections are detected. (XP only)
- Change IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS Servers, WINS Server, and DHCP settings with the click of a button.
- Specifiy different mapped drives for each profile.
- Change your default printer based on which profile you’re currently using.
- Automatically change your profile via program shortcuts created with Net Profiles.
- Change the default homepage for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Proxy settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Run a user-defined list of programs when a profile is activated.
- Maintain seperate desktop wallper for each profile.
- Change screen resolutions and color quality when profiles are activated.
- Can be easily translated into other languages using the enclosed XML language file.
Note: The old website has been to new domain name ( Google Code). The latest release of net profiles is Version 2.1.7
Updates: Net Profiles has been open source.