VirusBarrier – First Apple iPad Antivirus and Firewall
As you already know iPad runs the same OS as iPhones and only few jailbroken iPhones have been affected by malware till date. There have been no instances when a non-jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch getting affected by a malware or a trojan. Intego acknowledges there is no iPad malware to defend against as yet but argues it will be ready if and when the threat materializes.
So, VirusBarrier X6 is the security solution to protect iPad from virus thread. It comes with multiple threat-detection techniques, improved methods of detection, combined detection protocols, proactive behavioral analysis, and a full range of defensive functions, VirusBarrier X6 protects Macs from all known network-based threats, as well as all known malware.
From the VirusBarrier developer site-
Only VirusBarrier X6 provides comprehensive protection from malware and network threats. VirusBarrier X6 is the only antivirus program for Mac that includes full anti-malware protection together with firewall, network protection, anti-phishing, anti-spyware features and more.
VirusBarrier X6 Features
- Two-way firewall
- Antivandal and web threat protection
- Dynamic Code Monitoring
- Phishing protection
- New types of malware detected
- Fine-tuned scanning and security policies
- Performance control
- Detects and eliminates all known Mac viruses and malware
- Scans files for Windows and Unix viruses
- Protects against spyware and Trojan horses
- Protects against adware, hacker tools, dialers, keyloggers and more
- Repairs infected files
- Real-time and on-demand virus scanning
- Quarantine Zone to isolate infected files
- Trusted Zone to disable Real-Time scanning on selected files or folders
- Heuristic and behavioral analysis
- Blocks virus execution
The iPad-capable 10.6.5 version of VirusBarrier X6 is available as a free upgrade to existing users. The software costs €59.95 for a license covering two devices.