AVG Rescue Disk – Free AVG Bootable Antivirus CD
AVG Rescue Disk, another free bootable antivirus CD from AVG to rescue infected computer that unable boot up normally. AVG rescue CD is basically a portable version of AVG anti-virus, which runs on linux distribution as bootable CD or bootable USB flash drive. This Rescue CD is equipped with AVG Antivirus , AVG Anti Spyware and some administrator recovery tool.
With AVG rescue disk, you can scan and removes computer virus without booting operating system first. It is suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems) from virus and spyware attack. Meanwhile, Administrator toolset on AVG rescue disk are Windows Registry editor, a TestDisk utility for data recovering and lost partitions, a file browser for navigating folders, and a Ping tool for basic network diagnostics.
Below is how to create AVG bootable Rescue CD and bootable AVG Rescue USB.
How to create AVG bootable rescue CD:
- Download AVG Rescue CD (for CD creation)
- Burn the AVG Rescue Disk ISO image to a CD media using CD/DVD burning software.
- Once finish burn AVG Rescue Disk into bootable CD media, insert Bootable AVG Rescue Disk CD into CD ROM and boot the computer by loading CD ROM media first.
- Then AVG Rescue CD screen will be loading below. Hit Enter to start booting the DOS AVG AntiVirus using Linux.
- Once hit “enter” button, the AVG rescue CD will ask you updating the AVG virus definition first. Then mount all hard drives of the computer.
- Once finish updating, AVG Rescue CD menu as below will be appearing. Then you can start scan your hard drive for viruses and malware and other purpose.
How to create AVG Bootable Rescue USB:
- Download Rescue CD (for USB stick)
- Extract the archive downloaded from AVG web directly on the removable USB flash drive. It has to be extracted in the root folder of the disk – do not use a subfolder.
- Run the extracted makeboot.bat batch file. When started it will overwrite the boot record. Make sure you are using the desired USB flash drive, otherwise it can make your Windows un-bootable!
- In the opened window press any key to prepare the USB flash drive.
- After this process is finished (message will be displayed) you can close the window.
Meanwhile, this useful AVG product is available free for all user.
More Details: AVG Rescue CD User Manual Guide