Avira AntiVir 9 Free edition, the latest version 9 free antivirus software from Avira GmbH is available for download now. This free anti virus software doesn’t appear to have changed much compare to previous Antivir. The most important changes on Avira antivirus are: locked file scanning (files in use), faster scanning for multi-core processors, much improved disinfection and most importantly the added adware \ spyware detection in the FREE version.
Avira AntiVir Personal (Free version) Functions:
- Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
- Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
- Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
- Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
- Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
- Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
- Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits) (Only for 32-bit systems)
- Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
- Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
- Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
- Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
- Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
- High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
However, Avira AntiVir still remain as comprehensive Windows security tool like AVG antivirus 8.5 free edition which you can rely on to protect your computer from viruses, malware, unwanted programs, and other dangers.