Anti Virus software is the most needed software for every windows user to avoid their windows operating system infected and attack by virus, Trojan or worm. You need a good set of virus protection, and optimally a decent anti spyware protection unit as well, or else your windows computer will slow to a screeching halt as spammers and DDOS operators use your system as a platform for their unsavory business.
But most of the top anti virus software are required money. However, there is alternative to get free to use anti virus software for your windows operating system for protection. When people are looking for a free anti virus I always recommend Avast or AVG.
Free Anti Virus software download :
1. Avast! Home Edition: Avast! Home is a fully featured anti-virus software which is free for use for home users and non commercial users. Avast itself has simple user interface and good protection features to fight with worm and virus, Plus more, Avast! Home edition using less computer resource compare other anti virus product. Beside that Avast! Home edition supports all Windows versions including Vista and skin customization available.
2. AVG Free Edition: AVG free edition is another good solution to free anti-virus software. However, AVG Free edition doesn’t support for commercial purpose. is easy to use and low on system resources. It features automatic update functionality and real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run. AVG also has a Virus Vault for the safe handling of infected files.
3. Avira AntiVir: Avira AntiVir is a free anti-virus software for Windows. The free version protects against viruses, worms and Trojans, expensive dialers and phishing. Beside that, Avira AntiVir monitoring every action executed by the user or by the operating system and being able to react promptly when a malicious program is detected. Actions include repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine programs or files. Avira AntiVir also provides free support.
4. ClamWin: ClamWin is a Free Anti-virus for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and 2003. ClamWin has high detection rates for viruses and spyware. It has automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database. It also features an antivirus add-on to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
5. Comodo Anti-Virus: Comodo eliminates Viruses, Worms and Trojans from desktops and networks. It has a Host Intrusion Detection which blocks malware before it can run. It has daily, automatic updates of virus definitions and it’s simple and easy to use.
6. PC Tools Anti-Virus: With PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition you are protected against the most nefarious cyber-threats attempting to gain access to your PC and personal information. PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition has a world-leading protection, with rapid database updates, IntelliGuard, real-time protection and comprehensive system scanning to ensure your system remains safe and virus free. Once PC Tools Anti virus detects, quarantines, disinfects and destroys Viruses, Trojans and Worms.
Which free version do you use in your home PC to protect against viruses? Let us know and how the free anti virus perform.