Change Windows Vista Boot Screen with Vista Boot Logo Generator
Vista Boot Logo Changer, a simple program that allows you changes vista boot screen image using high resolution images or photo. If you getting bored with original windows vista boot screen with black screen and status bar only. Just change the vista boot screen with vista boot logo changer that written by Dan Smith.
The entire changing vista boot screen progress is simple. All you is generate the replacement language MUI file that contains your boot image files and replace with the current Vista language MUI files only.
All you need is two images at 800×600 and 1024×768 saved as 24-bit windows bitmaps. Then follow these steps:
- Download Dan Smith’s Vista Boot Logo Generator.
- Install and run from the link in the Start Menu.
- Hit Browse for image and select both the 800×600 and 1024×768 resolution bitmap files for your boot screen.
- Click on File and select Save Boot Screen File as and save your file.
- Next, you will need to replace the winload.exe.mui file in c:\Windows\System32\en-us with the one you just created. Before you copy in your new file, make a backup of the original. You will need to take ownership of all files in en-us as well as give your account file permissions to replace the file as well in order to copy the new winload.exe.mui file in.
- Click on the start orb and type in “MSCONFIG” in the textbox.
- Once the System Configuration tool loads, click on the Boot tab.
- Under Boot Options check “No GUI Boot”.
- Hit OK and reboot to see the new screen.
After go through the step, You can view your new windows vista boot scree. If you facing some booting problems with Windows vista, You can use the windows vista install CD boot up to replace the winload.exe.mui file with your backup. Plus more, this Windows vista logo generate tools is totally free.
Download Vista Boot Logo Generator v1.2