Free Acronis True Images software download is giving away freely by Western Digital. This free hard disk cloning software called as Acronis True Images WD Edition, which build based on the award winning Acronis True image Home 2009 backup, restore and disaster recovery program. Plus more, this free acronis true image helps WD hard disk user completely cloning your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive.
So, What is Acronis True Images actually?
Acronis True Image is a famous disk image software and disaster recovery application for computers, produced by Acronis. True Image can create an image of a disk while it is running Microsoft Windows, or offline by booting from CD/DVD, USB flash drives, PXE, or other bootable media. As a disk imaging solution, True Image can restore the previously captured image to another disk, effectively replicating the structure and contents to the new disk, also allowing partition resizing if the new disk is of different capacity.
However, this Acronis True Images WD edition able to install and activate if a Western Digital HDD is connected. But it does not support dynamic and GPT drives as sources and targets for backup, recovery, migration and cloning.
But this free acronis true image software is very useful tool for backing up the operating system, applications, settings and all of your data, while also securely destroying any confidential data you no longer need. With this software, you can back the entire disk drive or selected partitions. Should your disk drive become damaged or your system attacked by a virus or malware, you can restore the backup data quickly and easily, eliminating hours or days of work trying to rebuild your disk drive’s data and applications from scratch.
Acronis True Image WD Edition Software Key Features:
- Drive Cloning – Copies the source drive to a new WD drive, leaving all data on the source drive.
- Drive Migration – Erase the source drive after the new WD drive has been imaged.
- Drive Deployment – Enables users to prepare a WD drive so that selected folders or partitions can be excluded from the destination image.
- Drive Image Backup – The long-term usage of the Drive Kit software will be to provide full drive image backups of a source drive at any time. Backup drive images will be stored as a file, which can be copied to any direct attached drive, network attached storage drive or optical media (CD/DVD).
- Drive Image Recovery – The Recovery Manager enables users to restore a drive image from a direct or network attached drive. The Recovery Manager can also either erase just a portion of the drive to be used for the restored drive image, or all of the previous OS.
- Drive Cleanser – An utilities for secure destruction of data on an entire hard disk drive, individual partitions, as well as for erasing individual files and eliminating user system activity traces.
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager – With the Drive Kit software, users can create a bootable ISO image file, which contains the WD Drive Kit Standalone Recovery Manager software.
- Recover a Drive Image from the Bootable Recovery Manager Software – The bootable Standalone Recovery Manager enables users to recover a drive image from either a CD/DVD drive, a direct attached drive, or a network attached drive.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and user manual and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
Beside that, Acronis True Image WD Edition Software supports Windows XP and Vista, and download file size is 121Mb, Version 11.
So, this free acronis true image is definitely a good windows data backup tool for WD user. With their wizards and a Windows XP-style interface will make your work easier. Just answer a few simple questions and let Acronis True Image WD Edition take care of everything else! When a system problem occurs, the software will get you up and running in no time.