UltraDefrag – Open Source Disk Defragmenter
UltraDefrag is a free disk defragmenter to reorganize data on your hard drive so that your computer runs more efficiently. It supports FAT12, FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS (with compressed and encrypted files) and Vista UDF.
UltraDefrag is powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows NT. Extremely fast and useful. One of the unique features of them is ability to defragment system files at boot time.
UltraDefrag is using kernel-mode driver, and the defragment is very fast and able to defragment all files including system files. UltraDefrag is available in 3 interfaces: graphical, console and native.
The windows application has a simple interface and easy to use. It represents your filesystem as a color coded cluster map and an about box for the color coded legend.
Console application let you use command lines to display usage message (-?), analyze drive (-a) and compact drive (-c).
UltraDefrag also includes a new mode that allows you to run it at boot time in a manner similar to chkdsk.
- Very fast defragmentation, the work is done via a kernel mode driver which has an optimal defraging algorithm.
- Very small engine written in pure C.
- Nice graphical interface – compact and functional.
- Safety, because the file moving is accomplished with Microsoft’s own Defrag API.
- Simple to use.
- Ability to generate html reports of fragmentation status.
- Ability to include/exclude files based on simple filters.
Download UltraDefrag and defrag your hard drive regularly to maintain peak system performance. For more information on how to use UltraDefrag, read the Online User Manual at http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/manual.html.