We have seen various tools and tweaks to customize various aspects of windows 7 but changing the default boot screen logo was not possible using those tweaking tools. Though Windows 7 provides beautiful boot logo, there are times when you may wish to customize the boot screen. This can be done with help of Windows 7 Boot Animation Updater.
Windows 7 Boot Animation Updator is a freeware portable application to customize windows 7 boot screen. With this tool you can customize the Windows logo and the text displayed along with it.
Windows 7 Boot Animation Updater Features:
- Modifies the boot animation
- Modifies the boot text “Starting Windows” and “© Microsoft Corporation”
- Will compile the animation from 105 BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF images
- Does not require any other applications (like ImageX)
- Designed to be idiot-proof by having numerous checks
- Automatically backs up the modified winload.exe and bootres.dll
- Can be run as a GUI or command-line program
- Works for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7
- Numerous other little things (e.g. forcing timestamps) to match the original
To use this application you will need supporting files like the animated logo available on the download page. I would recommend to create a system restore point before using this application as it is still in it’s alpha stage.