Here is free Mac Backup software list to backup files on Mac OS X platform. You can uses this free Mac OS backup software to backup any important file on MAC for future use because we doesn’t know when will your hard drive dies or corrupt which you might lose everything.
Before any disaster happens on your Mac OSX hard disc, here is the Mac backup’s software that i listed is totally free and easy to use to perform backup regularly.
Mac Backup Software List to perform file backup task:
Time Machine – Original Mac Backup Software from Apple
Time Machine is an automatic file backup application bundles with Mac OS X together. It wills automatically backing up-to-date up your Mac OSX file data and quietly in the background. The backups files on your Mac including digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents. Now, if you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.
Time Machine also will alert you that it will start deleting previous backups, oldest first. Before it deletes any backup, Time Machine copies files that might be needed to fully restore your disk for every remaining backup.
Plus more, once you connect an external drive to your Mac. Time Machine will ask whether you want it to be your backup drive, click yes and Time Machine will take care of everything else automatically in the background.
Download Mac Mac Time Machine
SilverKeeper – Free Mac File Backup Software
SilverKeeper V2.0 LaCie’s free backup application is designed to support All Apple’s OS X 10 operating system for Intel and PowerPC based Macintosh computers. SilverKeeper can automates backups to external storage devices like hard drives, network drives, and other removable storage devices that have IDE, SATA, eSATA, IDE/ATA/ATAPI, SCSI, USB, or FireWire interfaces.
Bonkey – Open Source MAC Backup Software
Bonkey runs on both Windows and Mac, and has a lot of great backup features. It supports email, FTP, and Amazon S3, compression, encryption, scheduling, and synchronization. It’ll even back up MS SQL server databases. Bonkey is a simple to use backup system whereby you can also choose the files that needs to be backed up, set the destination and select how often it should make backup. Bonkey is totally free for non-commercial use.
Bonkey MAC backup software Key features :
- Backup to multiple locations, including Amazon S3, SFTP, FTP, Windows shares, and local disks;
- Backup Microsoft SQL Server databases;
- Backup automatically at a set interval and at a set time if desired;
- Backup only modified files, or a snapshot of the files you select;
- Compress and encrypt files during backup;
- Be configured to email any errors during backup to you;
- Allow drag and drop transfers between different locations; and
- Show built-in help.
Download Bonkey for Mac
JaBack – Free Mac Backup Software
A mac backup software that designed to automate all your backup, synchronization, and archiving tasks. The backup functionality is similar like Bonkey which allows backup to FTP and email with a flexible scheduler. Plus more, JaBack Mac backup software comes with file monitor function that will perform backup operations whenever changes are detected.
JaBack application can run on Mac OS X 10.2 or higher.
Download JaBack – Free Mac Backup Software
Mathusalem – Free Mac Backup Tool
Mathusalem is an open source Mac backup software that complementary to Mac Time Machine . It cans automatically one or more directories of your choice to other external disks or remote servers in order to ensure extra safety of your most important data. It offers FTP/SFTP, Amazon S3, WebDav, and SMB support for backups on OSX. It has the ability to compress to zip and dmg, resume failed uploads and and supports scheduling.
Mathusalem Mac backup file program features:
- Mathusalem supports a wide range of destinations: local drives, iDisk, WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP, SFTP or Amazon S3
- It can generate archives in various formats: sparse or compressed .dmg and CPIO or ZIP archives
- It generates fully self-contained backups i.e. data and settings which makes it possible to access them from any machine or even relocate them from one destination to another
- It can restart a download or upload that failed or was canceled by the user without having to restart the entire backup
- It runs in low-priority mode on your machine so it doesn’t hang your CPU or hard drive
- It runs only when necessary (it is managed by launched like other system services)
- It is fully open-source which means no proprietary file formats (backup data files are plain XML)
- It stores passwords in the Keychain
- It reports detailed information on the backup progress
- The command line tool version can be integrated in custom workflows
iBackup – Simple Mac Backup and Restore Tool
iBackup allows Mac user to perform data backup scheduling of your Mac system preferences, like the dock, desktop picture, time settings, firewall, bluetooth and system applications like AddressBook, Mail, Stikies, iChat, iTunes and more. Plus more, Mac user even can customize to add your own folder to backup by editing the preferences setting.
Download iBackup – Free simple Mac backup tool
If you know others Mac backup software are useful and free, let us know via comment ! 🙂