kaspersky Rescue Disk 2010, the latest update version bootable kaspersky antivirus, which load Kaspersky antivirus 2010 on linux environment to perform virus scanning and remove virus threat without booting the Windows operating system first.
Meanwhile, kaspersky Rescue Disk is very useful bootable antivirus and consider the most safety way without risking your computer OS getting infected again. It able to remove known viruses, trojans, worms and other malicious software similar like desktop Kaspersky antivirus. Plus more, any computer equipped with CD ROM can boot kaspersky rescue disk to scan their computer hard disk, which it’s totally independent from the installed operating system.
The functionality of kaspersky Rescue Disk 2010 perform similar like Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2008. The only difference is this kaspersky rescue disk is loaded with the latest kaspersky Antivirus 2010 and able to update virus definition if any Internet connection is supported on the computer.
Beside that, Kaspersky Rescue Disk is multi-language bootable antivirus and it supports the following languages such as English, French, German and Russian.
How to Create kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 as Bootable Antivirus:
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk or You can create Kaspersky Rescue Disk using Kaspersky Antivirus
2. Once completed downloading, burn the Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO image to a CD media using CD/DVD burning software.
3. Once finish burn Kaspersky Rescue Disk into bootable disk media, insert Bootable kaspersky Rescue Disk CD into CD ROM and boot the computer by loading CD ROM media first.
4. Once kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 GUI loaded, a message will appear on the screen: Press any key to enter the menu. If your press any key. A loading wizard will start (you will see the menu to select the required language). If you do not press any key in 10 seconds, the computer boots from hard drive automatically.
5. Select one of the following start up methods that you prefer:
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode loads the graphic subsystem. (Recommended Option For Beginner)
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Text Mode loads the text user interface represented by the Midnight Commander (MC) console file manager. (Option for Advanced User)
- Hardware Info (Display computer hardware information)
- Boot from Hard Disk.
So, Kaspersky Rescue disk 1o is a nice emergency kit to remove virus from your computer hard drive.
Update: Here is another tutorial teach “How to Create bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk“