Kaspersky Rescue Disk , bootable DOS Based Kaspersky Antivirus perform virus scanning and remove viruses on Windows without booting the operating system first. Using Kaspersky rescue disk to remove anti virus consider the most safety way without risking your computer OS getting infected again.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk able remove known viruses, trojans, worms and other malicious software similar like Desktop Kaspersky antivirus. Plus more, any computer with CD rom can perform kaspersky rescue disk to scan their computer hard disk which it’s totally independent from the installed operating system. However, kaspersky Rescue Disk has limitation or disadvantage which the virus definitions cannot be updated. This mean any kaspersky virus definition update require to download full boot disk and burned to CD again.
The best part is you can download kaspersky Rescue Disk freely and burn DOS based anti virus into bootable CD media.
Howto Use kaspersky Rescue Disk as Bootable DOS Antivirus:
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO file
2. Burn the Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO image to a CD media using CD/DVD burning software.
3. Once finish burn Kaspersky Rescue Disk into bootable CD media, insert Bootable kaspersky Rescue Disk CD into CD ROM and boot the computer by loading CD ROM media first.
4. Then a DOS screen will be loading below. Hit Enter to start booting the DOS Kaspersky AntiVirus using Linux.
5. Finally a Kaspersky AntiVirus 2009 GUI will be appear. Just check the hard drives that you want to scan virus or other malicious thread.
As Kaspersky Rescue Disk is the most secure way to remove virus or other thread from your computer because sometimes is tough to remove virus when windows is running. So the most effective way of removing virus is when they are inactive. Plus more, Kaspersky Rescue Disk works as on-demand virus scanner that allows you to scan and remove virus without booting in Windows.
Updates: Another better Kaspersky Rescue Disk version to scan virus and remove virus: