System Sweeper, Microsoft bootable antivirus CD / USB that helps Windows user start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to help identify and remove rootkits and other advanced malware. This Microsoft bootable antivirus CD / USB is extremely useful for those windows users can’t install install or start an antivirus solution on your PC, or if the installed solution can’t detect or remove malware on your PC.
Besides that, Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta is not a replacement for a full antivirus solution providing ongoing protection; it is meant to be used in situations where you cannot start your PC due to a virus or other malware infection. If you want full antivirus solutions, you can check this free Antivirus software list to protect your system on real time basics.
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper download size is 250MB only and comes with both 32 and 64 bit version. Besides that, it can become basic portable antivirus tool that does the job of scanning, removing and booting up unbootable computer infected with boot sector viruses. Plus more, it uses the same antivirus engine as the Microsoft Security Essentials product.
Following is the Microsoft System Sweeper minimum requirements list for both the computer infected with a virus or malware and the computer on which you are creating the bootable media.
- Operating system: Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista (RTM, Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2, or higher); Windows 7 (RTM, Service Pack 1, or higher).
- Required processor:
Windows XP: 500 MHz or higher 1.0 GHz or higher
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 1.0 GHz or higher
- Required memory:
Windows XP: 768 MB RAM or higher
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 1 GB RAM or higher
- Required video card: 800 × 600 or higher
- Available hard disk space: 500 MB
The following requirements apply only to the computer infected by a virus or malware:
- The computer infected with a virus or malware must have the same Windows operating system architecture as Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- In addition, BitLocker must be disabled to use Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta.
The following requirements apply only to the computer on which you are creating the bootable media:
- Internet connection: Required for installation and download of the latest virus and spyware definitions for Standalone System Sweeper.
- Internet Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher.
How to create bootable Microsoft System Sweeper:
1. Download Microsoft System Sweeper EXE file here.
2. Once activate EXE file, select the appropriate bootable medium that you prefer. Once you start the creation, it will download the package and latest updates from Microsoft official site. So, make sure you have direct or proxy internet connection with download access.
3) If you select CD, then insert the blank CD in next screen. Then the build-in windows burning software will burn sweeper system into blank CD disc. if it is an USB drive, just remember this program will format the USB drive and install System Sweeper.
4. A successful message will appear after the Microsoft bootable antivirus completion. Then restart your computer.
5. To ensure your computer can load the bootable Microsoft System Sweeper. Remember to setup the computer booting media from USB or CD / DVD first.
6. Once loaded into bootable System sweeper interface, just press any button to startup System Sweeper. It loads like latest Microsoft Operating Systems. Malware and virus clean up should start nicely.
If you’re unsure whether rootkit or malware infected your computer, you can always boot System Sweeper to scan your computer. Plus more, it doesn’t damage your to your computer operating system.