Download DirectX 9.0c is available download now. The DirectX 9.0c perhaps is the last DirectX run time that support on Windows XP platform since DirectX 10 doesn’t support XP. However, DirectX 9.0c has improves a lot features and functionality compare its previous version by adding bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components and Shader Model 3.0
DirectX 9.0c offers better security, updated graphics, faster frame rates, and support for massively multiplayer games. It also features more immersive audio when running and displaying programs rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3-D animation and surround sound.
Important notes of DirectX 9.0C
- This is the ‘redist’ version of DirectX – all files are downloaded in one package (rather than an active download).
- Instructions: make a system backup or restore point. Double-click on the file once the download has completed. You will be asked where you want to place the extracted files. This is a temporary folder only – you can delete these files once the Direct X 9.0c installation has completed. Now go to that temporary folder. There will be lots of files in there – run DXSETUP.exe and wait for it to complete the installation. Restart you computer if required. Now you can delete the files in the temporary folder. For future use, you can keep the file you downloaded or simply delete it – it doesn’t matter.
- DirectX is a crucial system component. It cannot be uninstalled without reinstalling your operating system (!) or performing a system restore/system recovery.
- To determine what version is current installed on your system and other tips about DirectX, see our guide here.
- This version of DirectX was released November 2007.
If you had an earlier version of DirectX installed on your windows system, DirectX 9.0c will automatically overwrite any earlier versions. But Microsoft recommended Windows Me and Windows XP users turn on a “System Restore” point before installing.