Flight Gear, a free flight simulator similar like Microsoft’s Flight Simulator because it allows you to fly various types of planes, helicopters, and even airships. This entire Flight Gear project is available and licensed under the GNU General Public License and it is a multi-platform open source flight simulator, which anyone can download and play.
Flight Gear game simulator includes more than 200 aircrafts to play around. Most of them have 3D panels and all have fully moving parts. Meanwhile, you can enjoy playing flight simulation on comprehensive worldwide scenery database of the whole world that includes
- Over 20,000 real world airports included in the full scenery set.
- Correct runway markings and placement, correct runway and approach lighting.
- Taxiways available for many larger airports (even including the green center line lights when appropriate.)
- Sloping runways (runways change elevation like they usually do in real life.)
- Directional airport lighting that smoothly changes intensity as your relative view direction changes.
- Scenery includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railroads, cities, towns, land cover, etc.
- Nice scenery night lighting with ground lighting concentrated in urban areas (based on real maps) and headlights visible on major highways. This allows for realistic night VFR flying with the ability to spot towns and cities and follow roads.
Beside that, user can to either download a block of scenery from a graphical download display, or purchase DVD’s of the whole world from the FlightGear web site.
Furthermore, FlightGear flight simulation is based on three primary Flight Dynamics Models (FDM) how the flight for an aircraft is simulated in the program. So, end user can enjoy the flight simulation reality on computer with accurate time of day modeling with correctly placed sun, moon, stars, and planets for the specified time and date.
ScreenShot of Flight Gear – Free Flight Simulator Game
So, you can download it and enjoy flying aircrafts experience on your computer now. Plus more, it works on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Solaris. Enjoy!