TaskJuggler, a free project management tool that allow you create Gnatt chart for project planing and tracking. Meanwhile, TaskJuggler can plan for many projects assignment and scales easily to projects with hundreds of resources and thousands of tasks.
TaskJuggler provides an optimizing scheduler that computes your project time lines and resource assignments based on the project outline and the constraints that you have provided. The built-in resource balancer and consistency checker offload you from having to worry about irrelevant details and ring the alarm if the project gets out of hand. The flexible “as many details as necessary”-approach allows you to still plan your project as you go, making it also ideal for new management strategies such as Extreme Programming and Agile Project Management.
TaskJuggler Project Management Tools Features and Highlights
- Manages tasks, resources and costs in one package
- Automatic resource leveling, tasks conflict resolutions, and task filtering
- Comprehensive and flexible views and reports so you can find the information you need when you need it
- Built-in templates to get you started (you can also save your own schedules as templates for future use)
- Project tracking and status reporting
- Graphical User Interface to conveniently edit your projects, view and generate Gantt charts and reports
- Unlimited number of scenarios (baselines) of the same project for what-if analysis
- CSV data export for exchange with Office Suites
- Risk analysis
- Project breakdown and management team support
- Flexible working hours and vacation handling
- Support for shift working
- Multiple time zone support
- Tasks may have initial costs, finishing costs
- Resources may have running costs
- Support for profit/loss analysis
- HTML and XML report generation
- Powerful project description syntax with macro support
- Support for central resource allocation database
- Generation of iCal files for data exchange with standard productivity tools
However, TaskJuggler run on Linux and Unix platform only. Plus more, you can download TaskJuggler freely since it is an open Source software licensed under the GNU GPL version 2 software.