inSSIDer, a windows wireless scanner that designed to help windows user scan available wireless network around the area. This wireless scanner software works well with Windows vista and XP plus quickly display all wireless network access points, quickly displaying available SSIDs and their channel, signal strength, wireless network speed, and encryption type.
Meanwhile, a wireless visual graph are visualize the signal strength of the selected wireless networks over time. It is possible to select some or all of the wireless networks and observe their performance. Meanwhile, the visualization can help the user troubleshoot the wireless network.
Inssider – Windows WiFi Scanner Benefits
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
- Use Windows Vista and Windows XP 64-bit.
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API.
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
- Filter access points in an easy to use format.
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration.
- Group by Mac Adress, SSID, Channel, RSSI, and time “last seen.”
So, InSSIDer is an Open Source networking software program that might be useful for users who want to troubleshoot, optimize or configure their wireless networks.